Ariella's Rebellion by Carolee Croft

Hmm....

So, I kind of stalled on reviewing this because,.... Well,  I'm conflicted. I kind of sat around trying not to review this. You see, I'm a lover of fantasy,  and this surely is a fantasy. But something about this book just didn't feel right. It may be because I've only read this book 2 of the series and have not read book 1, or because I took up this book the moment I finished the Wandering Land by Jamie Killen, but I was.....

 Okay,  okay. I'll tell you what is making me so vexed. I hate the protagonist. Happy? So this book has great elements of romance in it. So I guess I hated the romantic side that I could not get past it to love the overall survivor protagonist.

Why did she still love the bastard?
That Queen should have just choked on her pride and died.
That king could have just been a man,  you know and given that Queen an early death (you know,  to fulfill my fantasies).
... Okay,  I could go on.

So,  you get the point?

The elements of romance in the book captures the reader into an engaging drama. It's romantic flare is so looming,  you start to throw around your opinions as if the characters are real. Like shouting at the protagonist in a horror movie going; "No! Don't enter the room!" as if they can hear you.

Yeah,  thanks Carolee Croft. Thanks a lot for distracting me.

So,  let's me calm down and give an objective non biased review.

After our protagonist saved the prince,  she returns to an unwelcoming crowd and the prince's fiance. The queen protests to their love and stages a play that sends our protagonist away only to get captured at her lowest.

The Queen annoying celebrates her victory and imprisons her son while his stupid horse face fiancé.... Forget it. I can't do it. I'm still to vexed to write this now. You know what?

Just read it your self.

Comments

Reviews