Ghost of crow cavern by J. L Wedlake and N. A Mounter

The squirrels on the island await prosperity coming with their distance relatives. Despite the complete opposite happening and their disappointment that came with their oppression, a single squirrel used his wits to fight the opposition.

This is a story of expectation, disappointment and fighting to reclaim one's freedom.

You must have already figured I don't read a lot of children's books so,  why is this on the list?

Simple; the author displayed great skill in carrying along the reader. I assure you that you don't have to be a child to love it. The words used are not too simple, yet not too complicated.

I have a bad habit of trying out the vibe of a book to see if I like it. This usually involves most times, skimming through the books I receive then coming back to read when I have time.

You would not believe that I missed a few words in my rapid reading and only started to feel weird when the author talked about characters tails. Only then did I realize he was writing about squirrels. I was already at around page ten and I was not sure how I missed it. This is good as I was already reading, so I continued and so will you.


Comments

Reviews